Monday, October 17, 2011

Scottsdale Six Drive-In Theater ...Now Closed.



An image I shot back on July 5th, 2011 after a huge dust storm we had here over the Phoenix area. I was driving to the gym a couple hours after the storm came thru and about an hour or so after it had passed, and the route I mostly drive to the gym is past the Scottsdale SIx Drive-In Theater. I noticed the projection light piercing thru the air, and thought that has to be the dust in the air filtering the light as I've never noticed it like this before 1,000 other times I've driven by this at night. So I said screw the gym, I went back home and got my camera and tripod, and here's what I came up with. This was shot about 11:30pm. I was pretty satisfied with the result so blowing off the gym to go back home and get the camera was well worth it.

No comments: